You have something to say?
We type it for you!
Accurate transcriptions at flexible turnaround times…
- media podcasts
- music interviews
- business correspondence
- university lectures
- public/government hearings
- author dictations
- other general recordings
We accept the following formats:
A few words about the Transcription process…
People often think that transcribing involves putting on some headphones and starting to type up a storm – ahem, reality is far from that ideal. True, sometimes you have fantastic recordings which are straight forward but the everyday life of transcription usually involves listening, understanding, maybe doing some research along the way and then: typing!
In average 1 hour of simple audio takes approximately 4 hours to transcribe, more complex recordings can take 5-10 hours! I was surprised as well when I started out many years ago…
And: this does not even include other factors like
- accents (the stronger the accent, and depending on the familiarity with the accent, it can take longer to transcribe),
- number of speakers (the more people are speaking, the harder it is to understand, especially when speaking at the same time and/or interrupting),
- subject of recording (specific and/or technical terminology involve research and will take longer),
- speech rate (depending on how fast the participant is speaking, this will also impact on turnaround times as it requires a lot of re-listening),
- quality of recording (if there is a lot of background noise, the speaking not very clear and/or at low level volume and the recording of minor quality, this will definitely impact on turnaround time).
As there are so many factors contributing to the quality of recordings, we always like to receive a sample first in order to give you an accurate evaluation/quote of the project.
More questions? Let us know – we’re happy to help!